Become a Certified Positive Discipline
Early Childhood Educator!
This four-session interactive workshop is designed for early childhood teachers, administrators, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however, the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting. Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
1. Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
2. Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
3. Foster essential social and emotional skills to support development and school readiness, and understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
4. Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings.
5. Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
This class will be online through Zoom. Once you've registered, you will receive the Zoom link and materials will be ordered for delivery to your home.
To register, please click the link the Book This Event button.
Friday, February 12th from 6:00 - 8:30 PM USA Mountain Standard Time
Saturday, February 13th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM USA Mountain Standard Time
Friday, February 19th from 6:00 - 8:30 PM USA Mountain Standard Time
Saturday, February 20th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM USA Mountain Standard Time
Participants will be certified to use the curriculum in their classroom, and to teach concepts and strategies to other members of their school faculty.
Positive Discipline for Early Childhood Educators manual
Positive Discipline for Preschoolers book