Become a Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educator!
This 5 - session interactive workshop is designed for early childhood teachers, administrators, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however, the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social - emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting. Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
1. Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
2. Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
3. Foster essential social and emotional skills to support development and school readiness, and understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
4. Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings.
5. Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
This training meets online through Zoom. Once you've registered, you'll receive a welcome letter and the Zoom link.
This online certification training meets:
Saturday, January 15, 2022 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sunday, January 16, 2022 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Saturday January 22, 2022 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Sunday, January 23, 2022 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Saturday January 29, 2022 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
All times are USA Mountain Standard Time
Purchase Orders are welcome. Please contact Eva Dwight for details.
Positive Discipline for Early Childhood Educators manual
Positive Discipline for Preschoolers book